Immortality in the Net (IS)
a brief presentation of the project idea (14.3.06-15.2.13-2.12.15-29.4.19)
The idea of a dream: Create a network service that provides the following basic features
(ordered by priority):
- Everyone who wants to - put on eternal
storage in the network those materials (texts, images, video) that he himself
deems worthy of this .
- Complete absence
of censorship when placing materials, as well as a guarantee
of their safety not only in conventional but also in case of force
majeure, as well as the ability to understand their descendants,
- The impossibility of the use of IS to
coordinate terrorist attacks -
primarily due to the built-in mechanism for deferred publication
- Everyone who wants to - the ability to find the stored material
after a certain time (delayed publication), not knowing in advance either
of these materials themselves, nor of any special service or institute to
- The stability of basic rules on access as an opportunity to save materials
and to themselves saved materials.
- The maximum possible independence of
the service from any government, corporate, national
or other organizations whose goals may conflict to the service
- The inability of these structures hinder the free
placement of materials in storage, as well as
prosecuted for the mere fact of such placement.
- Respect for the rule of law in the provision of the described features (at
least under the law of civilized) - at least to those outside as long as
it does not contradict the constitutional norms.
- Financial stability created by the service.
- Multilingual interface - the opportunity to work with the service, not
only in English but also in Russian and other common languages. The
language of the content is not restricted - it is not associated directly
with the interface language.
Differences from known ideas and implementations (very briefly and
- Internet Archive - no 4, 7, 10.
- Lifenaut - no 4, 5, 6, 10.
- Library projects - no 4, 6, 10.
- Social networks - no 2, 4, 6.
24.6.13 Differences from
type Eternus Fujitsu solutions - at least, the lack
of need for recovery at a time of huge amounts of data.
Data (may be giant volumes,
in principle) are stored in a decentralized and distributed manner. Update and
restore require relatively small amounts of data without strict time
constraints, allowing relatively cheap solutions.
Examples of potential
benefits to the IS
If it was before
who feared the consequences
losses from missing files
- The real
silent majority have spoken
- The discoveries made by
- The implications and
applications that are difficult for us to imagine
- IS-anonymity and security today
- a one-extra
- You can pass the IS that lie
down in the type Freenet services.
- Reinforcements ideas, in
particular, the film-type materials Gutmann, who
find it difficult to appear before the death of the authors of witnesses:
The basic idea of the
step by step enrichment of the existing and rather widespread peer to peer
networks and associated network community.
idea is presented for the first time in invited report to the conference of
students, graduate students and young scientists «Microsoft technologies in the
theory and practice of programming" March 14, 2006, St. Petersburg,
Technical Cybernetics faculty of St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University.
Copyright 2012-2015-2019 ©
Vitali Sh. Kaufman